TABLET RIGGING SYSTEMS
365 for Tablets and 465 with Monitor Personal Prompting Assistant
For all types of cameras (DSLR to Systems Cameras) - a lightweight and flexible system that rigs on 15mm bars providing a prompting system for hand held shooting, conventional ENG / EFP / Studio cameras tripods, PTZ, Jimmy Jibs and Steadicam operations.
A prompting device for every day of the year!
- 365-001 tablet and phone rigging
- 7” / 10” Micro Prompt - 465 rig (note needs WinDigi software)
- 12” On-camera head up display (note needs WinDigi software)
- Passive or Active Interrotron
The system uses 15mm bars to connect a camera to the Rig which comprises of Glass Frame, T10 glass reflectors, Folding Cloth Hood (which simply laces around the lens to prevent light entering the rear of the hood) and Mounting Clamps all designed to integrate together for ease of transport.
The 365-001 (10” rig) comes with 2 x T10 glass reflectors and the 365-001/13 (13” rig) with 2 x T13 glass reflectors (one to go & one spare), short carbon and alloy rigging rods, fixing screws and a lightweight carrying case which can accommodate all 365 / 465 components.
The kit can be bought or rented from us!
A. 365-001 includes:- 10” Frame for attachment to 15mm rigging plate, 2 x carbon fibre rods, 2 x alloy rods, Cloth Hood, 2 x T10 glass, reflector & cover, Mounting Clamps & lightweight carrying case - £595 ex VAT
B. 365-001/13 includes:- 13” Frame for attachment to 15mm rigging plate, 2 x carbon fibre rods, 2 x alloy rods, Cloth Hood, 2 x T13 glass, reflector & cover, Mounting Clamps & lightweight carrying case - £650 ex VAT
C. 350-005 – i-Glue & i-Scroll controller for Apple devices using Pico Prompt Software - £110 ex VAT
D. 365–015 –15mm bars & rigging plate - includes 2 x clamps & 2 x short carbon fibre rods - £160 ex VAT
E. 365-016 - 15mm bars & rigging plate with long carbon fibre bars (450mm), 1 x tripod plate, 2 x camera plates & clamps for cameras like Sony PMW-500 with long lens - £210 ex VAT
F. 465-007 – 7” Micro Prompt Display (1000 Nits), includes power supply, Portaprompt WinDigi Lite Software, 10m HDMI cable & special mounting clamps to rig on 365 Personal Prompter – £550 ex vat
G. 465-010 – 10” Micro Prompt (350 Nits) includes power supply, Portaprompt WinDigi Lite Software, 10m HDMI cable & special mounting clamps to rig on 365 Personal Prompter – £550 ex vat
Notes and Tips - Tablet Devices
Getting started? - Your 1st decision is to decide what type of device you will use as you need to download a prompting software application. Our rigging will fit all variants of tablets and using 15mm bars connects on pretty much any kind of camera from DSLR and PTZ cameras to conventional video and film cameras on Jimmy Jibs, Steadicams, handheld or tripod mounted rigs!
Tablet and Phone Software options
- Apple Tablets - we use the Pico Prompt App (@ £20 from the Apple Store). When combined with the i-scroll / i-glue you have variable speed scrolling that you would expect to have on a broadcast device (the Presenter is in control of the script rather than vice versa - never a good idea) but the Pico glue and scroll uses the old 30 pin connecter which Apple have discontinued and mini USB C is not supported by Pico. Alternatives recommend to us are ProPrompter & Teleprompter 3
- Android – there are a number of packages available. The one we have used is called i-Prompt Pro which is a free download. The limitation is that we are not aware of a good variable scrolling device for Android
- Windows – once again there are a number of packages available on the web to download but again the limitation is that we are not aware of a good variable scrolling device for Windows
Limitations in using tablet systems? Editing scripts changes with tablets can be a pain as you have to de-rig the tablet, turn mirror mode off, make the changes, re-mirror and re-rig. Alternatively you can link with a wireless or Bluetooth key board and / or scroller which makes the operation very simple.
Using WinDigi IP Software in a tablet workflow. You create scripts in our WinDigi IP PC software which has far more functionality than the tablet based software then using a Wi-Fi network stream the IP prompt signal to Tablet or Prompt Monitor