WINDIGI IP WORKFLOW
WinDigi IP is an additional module for the WinDigi Lite Plus or Full software suite that provides a “Full IP” or “Hybrid IP / SDI” prompting workflow which allows the allocation of the prompt PC to any Portaprompt Premium IP or Quasar IP prompting monitor to any Portaprompt IP prompting controller (hand / foot – wired / wireless / Wi-Fi).
- IP Workflow for Premium and Quasar Monitors, WinDigi Software and Hand / Foot Controllers. Using our WinDigi IP Software and “off the shelf” IP routers any Prompt and Control signal can be assigned to any Prompt Head up in Studio or OB Truck.
- Based on the replacement of our standard SDI card in monitor with a new IP card allows legacy monitors to be upgraded to an IP workflow.
- System requires a WinDigi Lite Plus or Full software license with a WinDigi IP license per PC
- The system can interface to MoS and ENPS newsroom systems as required using the WinDigi newsroom software upgrade
- Scrolling control takes place in PC / Monitors so no need for external “scrolling boxes” but for a hybrid system (IP Prompt Control and SDI Prompt source signal) we do offer the Portaprompt IP / SDI Converter Box so a client can control the system using IP and still use it legacy SDI infrastructure for prompting content
- For working remotely with either hand or foot controls our IP connection option allows the prompt monitor to be operated remotely either with a wired (RJ45 Ethernet) or Wireless / Wi-Fi connections.
- Signal / Control allocations made using an “off the shelf” browser app
- Minimum systems requirements: - Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 1 x USB Port and accelerated graphics card.
There is lots of flexibility in the workflow and basically we can allocate any control device to any prompting display providing some real benefits for customers such as:-
- The prompt operator can be based in studio whilst feeding the prompt signal to the presenter on location which can save travel and location cost in remote production workflows.
- With so such flexibility in the routing of sources and destinations (gallery to multiple studios) there can be a significant reduction in redundancy / downtime in studio making for a far more efficient use of resources.